Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 20, Boring

Seriously, the weekends are hard to fill.  I spent another two and a half hours in the pool today. (I was super pruney....and, George Costanza was right.)  There is just not a ton of stuff to do other than work out and wait for meals. It is what I am here to do, but it hardly fills the day.  I don't have a lot of new stuff to offer due to the kind of day. 

Last night I went to the home of an old friend, my college roommate from Ithaca.  It was fantastic to meet up with him, meet his wonderful daughters, take a glimpse of his life and his passion for photography, video, and music.  Greg has always been an impassioned individual, and sitting in his kitchen last night was like taking a trip in a time machine back twenty five years or so.  (That measurement just set me back in my soul!)  He is so vibrantly and enthusiastically aware of his creative visions, and there are many!  I could not help but be envious of his drive in those pursuits.  I wish I could have a quarter of the life vibe that Greg has going on for himself and harness it to result.  I was inspired by his passion for life, it truly impressed me.  I think I pet his dog for two hours.  Literally, there was a vat's worth of shed fur on the floor from my relationship with Miriah who took a shine to me and my free gift of endless massage.  Greg actually bribed his oldest to sweep it up...those were dollars well spent!

I went to the movies tonight as I'm about done with hotel living.  Movie Roulette brought me to Real Steel.  It was at least a new story...at least new ingredients to a version of Rocky anyways, but it was good enough, and it had Evangeline Lilly (Kate from 'Lost') so I was happy.  I took my double feature option when that let out and walked into "In Time".  Kind of a futuristic Robin Hood story.  I enjoyed it just for the premise and the continuity of it.  Oh, and I splurged, outside of the program. I allowed myself a diet Coke.  It's actually approved, it just felt like I was cheating because it's been so long since I've had anything off the reservation.  It is like a half price sale if you don't indulge in goodies at the theatre.  It feels almost weird to wait in only one line, and walk past the other.

I'm on the hunt for furniture tomorrow between meals.  Not to purchase, but for a photo challenge.  I can't bring myself to snap pictures of Hotel or DFC furniture as I find both highly uninteresting and pretty uncool.  I'm going to try a local flea market between workouts and meals.  I have to work out Sunday which has been my day of rest, but I took Tuesday off when I wasn't feeling so great, so I'm sure I will be the only one in the gym, which, I actually like.  It's quiet and I can lower the volume on my ipod for a change. 

Like I said, boring- cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Actually, there's a lot going on today in Raleigh. The flea market starts at 9am at the State Fairgrounds. Tonight is a NHL game between the Hurricanes and the Maple Leafs (the RBC Center is right next to the fairgrounds, even). In between, you could go to the NCSU arboretum, NC Museum of Art (big Rodan exhibit going on), or even drive back towards Durham into RTP and try to find the IBM facility where barcodes and grocery store scanners were invented.

    ReplyDelete