Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 14, The halfway point

It's kind of a weird way to slide into the halfway point of this little adventure.  Weird, because it was an off day for me.  No workouts.  Somehow I managed to repel the call of the gym.  I will be back on the proverbial bus tomorrow again, however.  I just went through my week's classes and there are a lot of repeats and a few new topics thrown at us too.  It looks like more good stuff.  The first thing I did was to cross off the 'group therapy' session that has proved soooooo rewarding in the first two sessions in lieu of another "exercise while drowning" class in the pool.  Even though I float really well, I still have inertia to contend with....and there is a lot of inertia still, which allows me to inhale about a quart of salty pool water for each session.  It is a good workout though, so I will continue even if there are near death experiences.

As I mentioned, Mom and Pop made there way over in time for lunch in the "nursing home" cafeteria.  It has been very quiet around the DFC this weekend with a bulk of folks disappearing for home, so I really didn't introduce too many people to the 'rents.  But I know how much they love the food here, so I indulged them with another meal at 500cal including the salad bar (50cal) and jello (10 cal).  We made our way over to the "Sarah Duke Gardens" which is stunning year round, right on the campus of Duke University, just below the Duke Chapel.  The gardens are a myriad of paths with really wonderful plantings, ponds, recreation areas, ect.  They are manicured, and really beautiful to walk through.  There are rolling hills and bridges, some paved, some stepping stone paths through the NC wooded scenery.  It really was a nice walk, culminating in the obligatory visit to the gift shop by my mother.  We are used to this. If there is a gift shop, she will go. Then we went and did a drive by of the chapel and campus before going to the Nasher Museum of art, again, right on campus. It was enjoyable, but smaller than I imagined.  Lots of art.  I have some pictures of the day below because that about sums up my day.  Quick dinner and prep for tomorrow.  I actually have homework to do!






No comments:

Post a Comment