Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 13

I'll keep this short tonight as there was not a ton going on today other than workouts. Last night,  I could not fall asleep if you paid me.  I tossed and turned all night, not sure why...I've been virtually caffeine free. When I did wake up, I  felt like junk.  Not so much sore from working out, just not right in the stomach.  Weird.  Usually, my constitution is something to be envious.  So I took the morning off and gave up facing my cardio circuit demon and came back to my crap-tel and tried to pick up a couple more hours.  I was faking.  I just couldn't fall asleep.  I made it to lunch and said some final good byes to folks departing.  I hope the incoming group on Monday is large, it is noticeably quieter as our pre-holiday numbers are dwindling.  Then I got in my workout this afternoon.

Saturdays in the gym are virtually empty.  I did my strength stuff, free weights, some machines and some stuff I do with a giant ball and the pool was open for some free swim time, so I dis some lame laps and just kind of chilled out, still not 100%.

My mind was still going, though, while I was in the pool today.  I realized what was missing.  Diving boards.  I laughed out loud when I thought of the cannonball contest that we could have here.  It really would be spectacular...and I would suspect that they'd have to refill the pool.  Just saying.

Mom and Dad arrive tomorrow to bring their enthusiasm and support and I think we are going to go to Sarah Duke Gardens at the University, and then we may toddle down the road to Raleigh to hit the NC art Museum that has some sort of Rembrandt collection.  This will be my first official day off since I've arrived, and I think my body is crying for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment